[one_half_last]One of the most popular lessons of the collection!!! Everybody loves leaf-inspired designs.
After the mind-bending Lesson 7: The Equation, here's a "green" refresher: a method which will teach you how to come up with designs based on Leaves and Branches, without falling into the usual naturalism.
Format: Downloadable PDF Document Delivery: Download Link sent to your email
[button href="https://transactions.sendowl.com/products/94632/F6BC1CAB/add_to_cart" rel="nofollow" size="large" textcolor="#ffffff"]Get it now: Add to Cart - US$ 7.00[/button]
In this lesson you will learn:
- How to break assumptions of what things look like
- How to stylize any shape to its simplest form
- How to adapt your shapes to jewelry design
- How to transfer and borrow properties
- How to understand the "Fishbone structure"
- How to find inspiration around you, even from the smallest natural elements!
- How to combine two complex systems to form very intricate forms
Tools and Materials:
Blank Journal or lots of loose sketching paper A garden or your neighborhood foliage Sharpie pen (Notice absence of an eraser!) A Digital Camera or your smart phone
Requirements: You must be comfortable drawing, sketching or doodling.
For best results, you must be comfortable with one or more jewelry making techniques which allow "shape forming", for example silversmithing, metal clay, wire-wrapping, sculptural seedbeading, glass, etc.
"... just an amazing lesson, you learn so much!"
"I never thought I could squeeze out so many designs out of a simple leaf..."