Tangle Shadows Video
In this video you'll learn how to create convincing Shadows for your tangles without sacrificing your Zen Flow. If you loved my ebook Shading Fearlessly but still have questions about shadows, then this video is for you. In this 54-minute video we focus exclusively on shadows, nothing else.
Having trouble getting this lesson?
EU, UK or Russian Federation try here:
Learn how to create soft, diffuse shadows that will completely change the look of your Zentangle art.
In this lesson you will learn to:
1) Traditional Shadows
• Understand "Shading" components and basic terms
• Understand the definition of "Cast Shadows"
• How is traditional 3D Rendering different than Zentangle
3) Simplify Shadows
• Use practical tips on how to create convincing Shadows with more Zen and less headaches
• Detailed demonstration on how to create soft, diffuse shadows
• Overlap can help, to a certain extent!
2) Zentangle scene
• Change the way you think: Five different Strategies to help you tackle shadows
• Understand how Zentangle is different than the traditional 3D rendered scene
• Understand how a simple light source like the Sun can help to create convincing Shadows
4) Practical Tangle Shadows
• Apply Shadow techniques to four different tangles
• Learn when to use each type of pencil
• A super easy approach that can be used for almost any kind of shadow!
Yes, it is true that the traditional Zentangle method does not require fixed source of light. I find it easier to create more convincing Shadows if I set one up on the upper left corner -- my favorite! That doesn't mean that you need to sacrifice your Zen Flow to create beautiful Shadows!