Continuing my color studies, here is a tile featuring tangle Adente, Narwal, Tri-roda, Aquafleur and something I don't know the name. (If you do, let me know). The line art is a few months old, and you can already tell the difference between the work I was doing then and the work I'm doing now, especially around the aquafleur which I still had not entirely mastered and is disguised behind the others. Still, I wanted to finish it because the shapes are bold and there is a lot of room for coloring.
The picture started with a marker underwash:
I used some really inexpensive markers I had sitting around:
On top of those markers, I added colored pencils and white gel pen for details:
The final picture is 5x5 inches, on Bristol Vellum paper:
I'm happy with the results, however, since the line-art is a bit older, when compared to the detailed shading that I normally do in black and white this seems a little infantile. When you are working in vibrant color it really pays off to draw large surfaces: you have more room to work the shading properly with darks, mediums and highlights.